Cities are at a crossroads, moving from a traditional development model to an urban regeneration process that promotes a sustainable, inclusive, healthy, innovative and equitable change in dialogue with citizens and nature.
Nature for Innovative and Inclusive Urban Regeneration (NATiURB) is the first international conference organised by URBiNAT, an H2020 project, funded under the European programme Demonstrating innovative nature-based solutions in cities.
NATiURB is a two-day public conference to be held in Milan, on 16-17 June 2022. The first day is a “Cities Conference” that will be organised in Fondazione Giangiacomo Feltrinelli (FGF) venue where URBiNAT cities will share the co-creation of the healthy corridor that is being developed in their intervention area with the local communities.
The second day is a “Scientific Conference” held at IULM university campus. URBiNAT partners propose twenty sessions to promote the discussion on the concepts, methodologies and practices that are being developed.
The sessions are organised according to 5 themes related to URBiNAT goals:
- Co-creating NBS for Sustainable Cities
- Innovating Public Space for Inclusive Cities
- Engaging Citizens for Healthy Cities
- Transforming Governance for Innovative Cities
- Changing Economy for Equitable Cities
- Call for abstracts (300 words) – 10 January 2022
- Deadline: call for abstracts – 28 February 2022
- Review abstracts – 30 March 2022
- Communication of approval – 15 April 2022
- Submission of expanded abstract (600 words) – 31 May 2022
- Conference – 16-17 June 2022
- Submission of final paper – 30 September 2022
- Publication of proceedings – January 2023