Webinar: Participative governance approach for urban regeneration
When: February 16, 2023 | from 15h to 17h30 CET
Within the process of co-creating nature-based solutions (NBS), URBiNAT established Living Labs bringing together key actors for co-producing urban regeneration.
This webinar aims to discuss, debate and unpack the complexity of the municipal decision-making process. Most importantly, speakers will address their perspectives on the civic, political, administrative and technical aspects that hamper or support the advancement of stronger and more sustainable innovations.
It brings together the main actors involved in this complexity: a citizen representative, a political representative, a technical decision-maker, and a researcher – with the goal to
- establish a dialogue through multiple-lenses on obstacles and opportunities in participatory regeneration processes;
- share and outline possible benefits of co-decision in urban governance;
- discuss the possibilities of pioneering participatory processes in the context of municipal governance.
- 15h – Introduction and moderation, Ana Maria Vargas, Director of the Knowledge Centre at the Swedish International Centre for Local Democracy (ICLD) / Sweden
- 15h15 – Panellist 1 – Filipe Araújo, Vice-Mayor, Porto Municipality / Portugal
- 15h30 – Panellist 2 – Cristina Marussi, Citizen from Nova Gorica / Slovenia
- 15h45 – Discussant 1 – Giovanni Allegretti, Researcher, Centre for Social Studies of the University of Coimbra / Portugal – Phoenix project
- 16h00 – Debate with participants
- 16h15 – Panellist 3- Isabel Ferreira, Researcher, Centre for Social Studies of the University of Coimbra / Portugal
- 16h30 – Panellist 4 – Alain Yvrenogeau, Director of the Projet Global at Nantes Métropole / France
- 16h45 – Discussant 2 – Maurizio Pioletti – Researcher, Centre for Social Studies of the University of Coimbra / Portugal – Phoenix project
- 17h00 – Debate with participants
- 17h15 – Wrap-up and perspectives of follow-up by moderator, Ana Maria Vargas, ICLD