A research grant is available at the University of Coimbra on the “URBINAT – Healthy corridors as drivers of social housing neighbourhoods for the cocreation of social,environmental and marketable NBS” project, with the following characteristics:
Number of grants: one (01)
Type of activity: The candidate will acquire complementary training in the field Architecture and Urban Planning, in particular in the context of sustainable and healthy urban spaces.
The selected researcher is expected to contribute to the implementation of the project’s scientific tasks, as well as to support any activities associated with the project’s general goals. More specifically, s/he will contribute to:
- The coordination of the urban project concept and it’s implementation in the cities.
- Literature review, data collection and analysis supporting the project’s theoretical-conceptual framework and research methodologies concerning healthy corridor, co-design urban plan, NBS
- Fieldwork concerning local diagnostics in front-runner and follower cities
- The design and the organization of participatory training workshops, related to architecture and urban projects.
- The development of the Healthy Corridor concept;
- The selected researcher should have availability to frequent traveling.
Financial support: Own Resources
Applicant profile: Applicants must be holders of a Master degree in Architecture.
Location: Department of Architecture, Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Coimbra.
Duration: six (06)
Renewal: The grant contract may be extended for another 6 months.
Scientific Orientation: Doctor Luís Miguel Maldonado de Vasconcelos Correia.
Financial conditions: The amount of the grant is € 989,70 corresponding to the monthly compensation stipulated in the FCT table (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores.phtml.en), plus social security (Seguro Social Voluntário, first level contributions) and personal accidents insurance. The payment will be made by bank transfer. This amount will not be increased during the entire period of the grant duration.
Regime: The attribution of the grant does not generate or entitle a relation of a legal-labour nature, it is undertaken in an exclusive dedication regime and the fellow is granted with the Fellow Statute of the University of Coimbra, according to Research Grant Statute, and the Regulation of Research Grants of the University of Coimbra, both in its actual wording.
Selection methods: Curricula evaluation (70%) and interview (30%).
- Selection and attribution criteria: Curricula Evaluation (70%):
- Master in Architecture with special emphasis in Urban Projects that includes Public Space or Participatory Process (20%)
- Academic interest in the following fields: Architecture, Participatory Process, Urbanism, Landscape Architecture, Public Space (25%)
- Interests concerning Urban Projects that includes Public Space or Participatory Process (20%)
- Knowledge of participatory methodologies for architecture and urban planning (20%)
- Proficiency in English and good knowledge of other languages of the project (10%)
- Computer literacy skills – autocad or similar, photoshop, SIG (5%).
- Interview (30%).
Applicants must have proven academic work/interest in some of the project’s key research areas, namely: Architecture, Participatory Process, Urbanism, Landscape Architecture.
Formalization of application: The applications must be performed by sending the following
- a letter of intent/motivation in English;
- the detailed Curriculum Vitae; and
- copies of degree certificates and of other relevant documents for eligibility purposes.
Candidates with foreign academic diplomas are obliged to present records of the recognition of such diplomas according to the Portuguese law.
Applications submission: Application documents can be handed personally, at DARQ-UC facilities (address below) or sent by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) :
Department of Architecture FCTUC | Ed. Colégio das Artes, Largo D. Dinis, 3000-143, Coimbra.
Jury responsible for selection: Doctor Luís Miguel Maldonado de Vasconcelos Correia, Doctor Gonçalo Esteves de Oliveira do Canto Moniz and Doctor J osé António Oliveira Bandeirinha.
Submission of applications: Between 30/04/2019 and 14/05/2019.
Publication date: 29/04/2019.
Submission deadline date: 14/05/2019.
Additional information: The evaluation results will be announced within 30 days after the end of the applications submission deadline, by notifying the applicants via email. After the announcement of the results, candidates are considered automatically notified to, if they wish to do so, comment on the results on a preliminary hearing period within 10 days after that date. After this, the selected candidates will have to declare in writing their acceptance. Unless a justification worthy of consideration is presented, if the declaration is not submitted within the referred period, it is considered that the candidate waivers the grant. In case of resignation or withdrawal of the selected candidate, the next candidate with the highest evaluation score will be notified immediately.